Saturday, January 22, 2011

UGA Arch in Fresh Snow

This was one of the most difficult photos I've had to shoot.  You can't really tell from the photo, but it was snowing sideways when I took it, so I had to keep wiping the snowflakes off my lens!  On top of that, countless groups of students were walking by taking pictures in front of the arch in the snow.  I also wish all of the lights behind the arch were the same color, but that was out of my control.  This arch can be found at the northern end of The University of Georgia campus, and has been there for years.  The rumor is that if freshmen walk under the arch they won't graduate.  That rumor has extended to include all students.  In fact, the cement that makes up the steps on the right side of the arch is more worn than is the cement leading up to the arch.



Body: Nikon D90
Lens: AF-S DX 18-105mm
Shutter: 2 sec
Aperture: f/9
Focal Length: 18mm