Monday, January 24, 2011

He shoots...he scores

Snagged some 5th row seats at a recent BYU basketball game during a trip out west, and it made for some great photo opportunities.  The gentleman in front of me had a rather large head, making it difficult for me to get a good shot of BYU's star player, Jimmer Fredette, but I managed to get a perfect angle on this fade away jumper by Noah Hartsock.  I was shooting in Sports mode, which sets the shutter speed to "extra fast" in order to capture the movement in a single frame, and I also maximized the chances of me getting a quality shot by using short bursts of photos.  It was my first chance to do any sports photography, and let me tell you, I gained a new respect for those sports photographers!

Body: Nikon D90
Lens: AF-S DX 18-105mm
Shutter: 1/320 sec
Aperture: f/4.2
Focal Length: 32mm

ISO: 1600