Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flowers

This was one my first attempts at capturing something in the foreground, while still attempting to frame the rest of the shot to include an interesting background.  A part of the mantle along with the door handle were the available subjects for such a shot, and I think it turned out quite nicely.  I antiqued the photo a little in iPhoto (I'm downloading the PS5 Trial as we speak), and I think it gave the photo a nice touch.  While the eye immediately focuses on the flowers, the remainder of the photo is still pleasing to look at due to the doorknob and mantle being in the background.
Body: Nikon D90
Lens: AF-S DX 18-105mm
Shutter: 1/4sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 52mm
Iso: 200

Handheld, but sitting down for stabilization due to the slow shutter speed.